Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Parkerville Tavern “Parky Pub” – Parkerville

Hello excited followers, the Perth Food Warriors have struck again with a new review of a more “local” place, to myself and my partner in food.

Our latest review is of the Parkerville Tavern, or more commonly referred to from the locals “The Parky” or “The Parky Pub”. This pub has been our local drinking hole for the last few years, and we decided it was time we did a review of their food for our extensive readers.


This day, as most other days at the Parky, was a very quiet day for business. Including my co-reviewer and myself, there was a total of 6 people, which also included the barmaid.


First thing I did when I got to the Parky, was order one of my usual drinks. Today I decided on having a pint of Strongbow. Tasty and cold as usual, and as always, reasonably priced.

We then decided to have a look at the menu (though as a local I have most of the menu and prices memorised to heart). The range of food on the menu isn’t too bad for a pub, but the menu could be presented a lot nicer.



I decided on the Chicken Parmigiana for this day’s meal, which is something I hadn’t tried at the Parky before. It was at a reasonable price of $23.50. When this meal arrived to my table, my co-reviewer and I swore profusely at the massive size portion of this meal. I struggled my way through my Chicken Parmigiana and enjoyed some nice flavours from the tomato paste and lovely tender chicken. I would say this would be one of the better pub meals I’ve had around, especially for its price and overly sized portion, which made me feel obese and overly round after.


As I struggled through to get through my Chicken Parmagiana, my co-reviewer had ordered a Vege Burger. The price was very reasonable as well, at $17.50. Let’s not forget that both of these meals, came with a lovely salad and chips on the side too. The Vege Burger had some great flavours and was said to be “humungo” and “tasty”. A few let downs for the Vege Burger was that the pub had run out of eggs, so the Vege Burger was served eggless. There was too much mayonnaise in it too, but overall a nice meal.


Next we decided on having dessert. On a Wednesday, they have half price Sticky Date Pudding. Normally $7.00, we got this lovely dish for only $3.50. Served with ice cream, this dish was definitely the highlight for our lunch review. This warm sticky treat would be a big highlight of our lunch, with it’s orgasmic flavours and great price, definitely something to get if you are looking for a dessert.



As expected, we had a great meal at the Parky and were overly bloated at a very reasonable price.


Service: 3.5 warriors out of 5
Food: 4 warriors out of 5
Ambience: 3 warriors out of 5
Overall: 4 warriors out of 5
STICKY DATE PUDDING: 7 warriors out of 5 :O

No comments:

Post a Comment